Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Introduction

This is my very first blog for this wonderful year. I plan to write more blog to share with everyone in this very colourful earth. oOh ya, almost forget to intro myself, erm.. erm.. My name is Kennedy Tan. I am a young and good looking guy who has a lot of dream !! hehe.. I was born in the year of rats and very fortunate child who has 6 siblings. My lovely mum gave my birth at Tung Shin Hospital Kuala Lumpur in the year of 1984. Since then this little charming baby was born in this motherland and growing up year after year until today ! xD I have went throught a long,miserable and adventure journey for 24 years.


Let’s talk about the place I am living now. I have shifted to Bukit Jalil on early month of January 2007. I have been staying at Taman Seputeh for past 22 years and I really missed my old house. Just imagine, from a double storey link house to a condominium. Sad sad sad… At the beginning, I was really afraid of living in the condominium because I am scare of height !! However, I slowly felt better :P Actually, it’s quite nice and cold living on 8th floor of my condo. My condominium is known as ‘GREEN AVENUE’ or ‘PERSIARAN HIJAU’. Well, I am happy to have my own room and I designed it. Although my room is quite small but at least I still can designed and own it rather than I don’t have a room for myself. Bukit Jalil is a suburb about 20km south of Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia. It was known as the Bukit Jalil Estate until 1992, when it was developed into the National Sports Complex for the Commonwealth Games. Besides that, my place is very near to ‘Steven Corner’ mamak stall at OUG, it’s just 5 minutes driving distance. It’s one of the famous mamak stall in the town! Furthermore, I love Bukit Jalil Park where it’s great place for people to do jogging and exercise. Twice a week, I will definitely go there and jog xD...What can I say, Bukit Jalil is strategic location and still yet to developed. I believe the land and value here will increase tremendously in the future. xD


Where is my working place? Currently, I am working at Berjaya Times Square Hotel & Convention Center as a ‘Sales Coordinator’. Berjaya Times Square Hotel & Convention Center located right in the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s central business district. Let me tell u a little history in Kuala Lumpur. The history of the foundation of Kuala Lumpur can be said to begin in the middle of the 19th century. In 1857, Raja Abdullah, the representative of the Yam Tuan who administered Klang, came to explore the district looking for tin ore. He was assisted by Raja Jumaat of Lukut and 87 Chinese workers. After coming up, the Klang River as for as its confluence with the Gombak River, they made their way through deep jungle and found tin near Ampang. That moment marked the beginning of Kuala Lumpur development from a tim miner’s camp into commercial center able to attract large numbers of investors from elsewhere.After the arrival of Yap Ah Loy in the 1860s development proceeded at a faster pace until March 1880, the British moved the seat of their administration from Klang to Kuala Lumpur. They took charge the running of Kaula Lumpur and rebuilt it according well prepared plans, turning it into a comfortable urban center with a completely new look. The rebuilding begun after Frank Swettenham became Residents of Selangor on 1882 was made easier by the fact that the old town had been destroyed more than once as result of civil wars and fire. From about 1885, the population of Kuala Lumpur grew ..WAIT.. I am blogging about me not KL history. Damn it xD Well, this hotel is just like my second home because I spent most of the time in this hotel. I joined this hotel on 3rd May 2007 and under provision for 6 months. I did several training in the hotel such as receptionist, reservation clerk, waiter, bar tender, sales coordinator, banquet assistant, mar-com assistant, concierge assistant and business center assistant. After my confirmation, they kept me in the Sales Department as Sales coordinator. What can I say, it’s a busy busy busy department !!!! Seriously, I have seen a lot of artist from my hotel such as Wu Zun, Fish Leong, Wa Kin, Chai Chai (F4), Rainy & Grasshopper.






Anyway, I’m happy working in the hotel even my paid isn’t that high but it least I am learning something. Hopefully one day I will be someone in the hotel industrial.. Pls Support !! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment